Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekly Geeks - P.A.D.B.

P.A.B.D. has plagued me on and off for my entire life. I know many bookworms who are faced with the same problem. Please read on to see if you have PABD and see how you can help yourself or others suffering from this disorder.

So what is P.A.B.D.?

Post Amazing Book Depression - The over-whelming sad feeling one gets after finishing a great book.

See the Signs of P.A.B.D. go to Weekly Geeks.com


Why Does it Have to End?








 There have been only a hand full of books/series that I have had P.A.B.D. In fact one book that I am reading now (An Irish Country Girl by Patrick Taylor) is one of them. Although the book I am reading now is the 4th book in the Irish Country series and I have not read the first 3 yet. I have absolutely fell in love with the character Maureen "Kinky" Kincade. I only have about 2-3 chapters to go and I don't want it end. The writing has such magic and decribes wonderfully what Ireland feels like. But since I was given the book to do a review I will be finishing it... I suppose.;-)





 I Knew it From the Start








I can remember one of the first times I had P.A.B.D. and it had to be during a reading a V.C. Andrews book/series. I do mean the original V.C. Andrews books not the ones written after her death. In middle school my favorite series was the Casteel series starting with Heaven. The stand alone novel by Ms. Andrews called My Sweet Audrina was thrilling and I loved the name so much I used it as my first email. I made websites about the books and author. I read fan fiction and even wrote fan fiction. I collected all the books and even had many european additions which eventually I gave away after the books lost there magic so to speak.





Always Full of Surprises






 Suprisingly the is the book that I remember thinking, when I wasn't reading, what is so and so doing or going to do. I say surprisingly because I gave the book a not so good review. That book is A Decent Ransom by Ivana Hruba.
The book had me so tense in a not so good way that by the end of it I wasn't dreading the end I was begging for it.




No comments: