Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Salon

A Bookish Kind of Life



I have so many things going on with my life right now that the blog has been losing time with me. I know I haven't posted many reviews lately or pretty much any thing. My top thing excuses why:



3. Doctor's appointments

2. After 33 years on this earth I am learning to drive

1. Getting ready to move.



While that's been said I still have so many ideas for this blog and ways to connect it to my art blog Confuzzled Designs.

I am afraid to tell you what I have planned because I am afraid then I won't get it done but I am sometimes so excited on the inside about what I think that it makes me tired and then I pass out and never get what I wanted to on the web. I have something planned for each day. Geez I have way too many ideas that I just don't follow through on and I don't know why I am like that. *sigh*



I think what I am going to try to do is maybe share a bit everyday what is coming next.





Bookish Events

In the last two weeks I met Charlaine Harris (author of Sookie Stakhouse Series) and Louis Sachar (author of Holes).



Charlaine Harris was so charismatic and funny. There where so many people at this event and by the sound extremely hard core fans. I have only read the first book of the Sookie series and I have only seen one full epsiode of True Blood. I got a couple books signed (yes one may be a giveaway in the future)and I got the 2nd book in the series which will probably be read 20 years from now because I have so many books to read at this point.



I was excited to see the author of Newberry Award winner, Holes, Louis Sachar. I realized when I saw him that I had read more then one book by him. I had just forgotten about them. He read from his new book The Cardturner, and answer questions. Most asked question was "Where do you get your inspiration?" His answer was that he really didn't know.







Upcoming Events


This Wednesday I will be attending a book signing by author John Grogan (Marley & Me)! I have not read the book but I did see the movie and thought that it was adorable.







Books to Be Served



I have quite a few books I have read that need to be reviewed:



1. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

2. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

3. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

4. The Shack by William P. Young





Books on the Burner



These are books I am currently in the middle of:



An Irish Country Girl by Patrick Taylor

Dragonspell by Donita K. Paul

Dark Fire by Chris D'Lacey

An American Original by Bob Thomas

Kelly's Chance by Wanda Brunstetter
 
----------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow - Review of Escape from the Carnivale: A Never Land Book by Dave Barry, Ridley Pearson

No comments: