Friday, May 30, 2014

The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom


TheFirstPhoneCallFromHeaven.jpg



Title: The First Phone Call From Heaven
Series: N/A
Author: Mitch Albom
Genre: Fiction, Inspirational Fiction
Publisher:  Harper
Received:  Purchased
Release Date:  November 2013
Pages: 323
Rating:

Starrating4.gif

Mitch Albom’s Official Websites:

Main Site

Twitter

Facebook

Goodreads

You Tube

Google+




Shannon’s Thoughts:


A small town in U.S.A. makes headlines as a few of it’s residences start getting phone calls from loved ones who have died.  A story of faith, hope and believing what is in your heart.

I am a big fan of Mitch Albom’s fiction works.  He has some great ideas and there is always one or two quotes that just usually blow me away.  This one is not much different.  A group of small towns people start receiving phone calls from loved ones that say they are calling from Heaven. They only call at certain times and only a select group of individuals in the town.  

From the beginning it is very mysterious and for me I was hoping that it did not end how I thought it might. Well… I won’t say how it ended but will say this was my least favorite book.  I still think it is a great story and he knows how to tell a story.  I had similar feelings for Albom’s book before this The Timekeeper.

The First Phone Call From Heaven is a great imaginative story and will leave you hoping and wondering.  Even though it is low on the ratings list of Alboms books it is still a page turner and he still has a fan.


Shannonsig.gif

No comments: