Sunday, February 9, 2014

Shannon Review - The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom






Title: The Time Keeper
Series: N/A
Author: Mitch Albom
Genre: Fiction, Religious Fiction
Publisher: Hyperion
Received: Bought
Release Date: October 2013
Pages: 240
Rating:


Author’s Websites:

Official Website

Facebook Page

Twitter

You Tube Channel




Shannon’s Thoughts:

Since the dawn of time man has been measuring what we do and don’t do. We are introduced to Dor and his family. Dor creates the first clock and pays dearly for being engrossed with measuring time instead of just living.  God banishes Dor to a cave with no way out.  There is where he hears the cries of those who ask for more or less time. Eventually he is released, gets reacquainted with humanity and finds a way to help some.

I find that all of Mitch Albom’s books are clever, moving and thought provoking.  I seem to always find at least one sentence that turns my way of thinking in a way I could not imagine.  He never uses to big of words or metaphors that you have to stop and take time to understand.  Albom’s writing just flows into something so natural you feel you have heard before.

I do not know about anyone else but the fact that God punished Dor for creating a the first clock is a little scary.  I mean if you think about it Dor was only doing what he was good at, what came natural to him.  Would you not say that was why God created him with that skill? If that is so then why punish for a way of thinking that was given as a gift from God?

Even though there is things I do not understand about God’s reasoning. I still enjoyed the book and still love learning about myself and others by reading what Mitch Albom writes.


No comments: