Thursday, June 27, 2013

Shannon's Review - City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare






Title: City Of Bones
Series: The Mortal Instruments #1
Author: Cassndra Clare
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Simon Pluse
Received: Purchased
Release Date: February  2008
Pages: 485
Rating:



Author’s Websites:






Shannon’s Thoughts:

Clary and Simon are best friends.  They go to the latest club and coffee houses.  At one club Clary sees something that no one else can see.  She sees people known as Shadowhunters killing demons.  No one else sees the two mystical beings.  One of the Shadowhunters, Jace, finds himself attracted to Clary and wonders how she can see him and his family. Suddenly Clary’s mom goes missing. Then Clary and Simon get caught up in the Shadowhunter’s life.

Usually when I read books with a triangle romances my vote goes to the first love interest,  But this time I landed on the side of the of bad boy.  Of course the end of the book ruined that for me and suppose Clary as well.  Grrr....

A lot of the story is pretty typical for a Fantasy YA read.  Young girl in lead, her best friend is in love with her and she does not know, she sees things others can not, a new love interest introduced ..etc I could go on.  That said it is still a fun read and I am glad I read it before the movie.  I can tell from movie trailer there is already some differences.  Frankly I believe the book will probably be better.

I really did like (almost love) the story and even though some of was expected I feel I am emotionally invested in the series.  I will be continuing to read the rest of the series.









No comments: