Thursday, April 5, 2012

Review- The Royal Diaries Anastasia by Carolyn Meyer



Title: Royal Diaries: Anastasia
Series: Royal Diaries
Author: Carolyn Meyer
Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Historical Fiction
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Received: Bought
Release Date: September 2000
Pages: 224
Rating:


What is it About?

The last year of the life of the last Princess of Russia, Anastasia Romanov.

My Thoughts:

I find it a shame that the last months of any of the royal diaries princesses are always the most interesting and sad.  That being said I still like the series because I don’t know everything about every princess except this one.  Anastasia story is very familiar to me as I have read everything I can get my hands on about the Romanov.  Out of the the four girls of Nicholas and Alexandria Anastasia was the most lovable for having a great sense of humor and being artistic.

This book captures a little of Anastasia’s life but I would encourage those who are interested in her history to read other books because I believe that many other book grab the essence of Anastasia better.

Website:

Official Carolyn Meyer Site
http://www.readcarolyn.com/

No comments: