Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review - The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams



Title: Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy
Series:Hitchhiker Guide #1
Author: Douglas Adams
Genre: Science Fiction
Publisher: Del Ray
Received: Purchased
Release Date: January 1979
Pages: 216
Rating: 



What is it About?

A man who is about to have his house torn down is taken by a friend and abducted into a space ship.

My Thoughts:

I saw the movie first so some the scenes where rememberable but like most books done by British author I do not get all the humor.   I found this one harder to grasp at time then say a Terry Pratchett novel.

The stuff I found funny was the stuff that I already knew the punchline like the meaning of life answer.  When I think about this book now there really isn’t much I like about it.  The voices of the character in my head feel kinda of annoying.

I guess I am just not a fan of British humor.

Website:

N/A

No comments: