Thursday, September 8, 2011

Review - The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Great Gatsby

Title: The Great Gatsby
Series: N/A
Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Genre: Classic, Fiction
Publisher: Scribner
Received: Purchased
Release Date: 1925
Pages: 180
Rating:



What is it About?

A Man named Gatsby, his friends and his interesting life.

My Thoughts:

This book has often been described as Fitzgerald’s most beautiful piece of work and frankly I do not see it. I first read this book as a teenager for fun and remember disliking it immensely but later not remembering why. Now that I ave reread it I realize what that is. The type of people described and the way they act irk me. They are well off family surrounded by people that do
things to each other with no feelings. They just keep hurting each other without caring about the consequences.

In the beginning of the book it is very boring and does not become interesting until Gatsby becomes involved in the story but the way people act towards one another.

I do not really see the beauty in this story but I do see commentary on society I just do not agree with it.

Website:
N/A

No comments: