Saturday, September 10, 2011

Patriotic Day Book List

September 11th is Patriot Day in the U.S. 

I thought it would be a good time to make a list of patriotic books that I have read, liked and reviewed or soon will.   So in Completely random order here they are.



Okay so most of these books are children books, like this one.  I am a beginner at reading history the most I usually read about was history of the Romanovs...so not much U.S. history.  I enjoying learning things that I did not know about and kids books have way of making learning easier if you haven't read anything about the history before.  I am an trivia junkie so seeing the people made famous from this point in history at the end of the book was a bonus along with the most important parts of the the history. My Full Review

This was another one from the If You Lived Series.  The series like the one above tend to tell you about both side of the people fighting the war or what is known.  They do talk about what children did 
 some of the time as it is geared to children.  My Full Review


 This one was only okay and takes place during the civil war.  It is historical fiction of a little girl name Virginia's diary during a rough point.  It is only part one I have part two and plan on reading it hoping for a better story. My Full Review


I picked this up at a used book store not really sure what I was getting but I know I wanted a book on WWII and this was all they had. I enjoyed it.  It was simple pictures and quotes.  The were some paragraphs to read as well but it was very visual.  My Grandfathers fought in the WWII so it was interesting to have a look at that time.  My Full Review Coming Soon!




This is another children's book but this time a biography of Deborah Sampson.  A woman who dressed as a man and fought in the Revolutionary War.  I think this was good one for anyone to read and remember how woman use to be treated and how far they have come.  My Full Review Coming Soon!

No comments: