Thursday, June 9, 2011

Theme Thursday - Numbers - Infinite and Three

Theme Thursdays is a fun weekly event that will be open from one thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:
  • A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
  • Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
  • Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
  • It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
    Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”
This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week’s theme is

NUMBERS

 

Dangerous Angels: The weetzie Bat Books (Paperback) "Okay," Weetzie said. "Then I wish for an infinite number of wishes!" As a kid she had vowed to wish for wishes if she ever encountered a genie or a fairy or one of those things. Those people in fairy tales never thought of that.

"People in fairy tales wish for that all the time." the genie said. "They aren't stupid. It just isn't in the records because I can't grant that type of wish."

"Well," Wetzie said, a little perturbed, "if this is my trip I think at least you could say I could have one of these wishes come true!"

"You get three wishes," the genie said.

"I wish for a Duck for Dirk, and My Secret Agent Lover Man for me, and a beautiful little house for us to live in happily ever after."

"Your wishes are granted. Mostly,"said the genie..."

From Dangerous Angels: The weetzie Bat Books (Paperback) by Francesca Lia Block
Just so you know this is just from the beginning of the book it doesn't spoil anything!

6 comments:

kavyen said...

When I was a kid I always wanted an infinite number of wishes too.. Then I grew up and so did all the magic in my dreams :) Your snippet got me some fond memories... Thanks!

Bev Hankins said...

Don't think I like a genie who says, "Your wishes are granted. Mostly." That "mostly" leaves a lot of wiggle room.....

Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursday-numbers.html

Ann said...

This is perfect for today's theme!!!

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/theme-thursday_09.html

Chey said...

I love that you quoted Francesca Lia Block. She's my favorite author and I don't see much of her mentioned on blogs. ^_^

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a good one!

Crystal (I totally paused!) said...

Lol, that little "mostly" has me concerned and thinking "ruh roh!"