Thursday, May 19, 2011

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

 Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch








Title: Good Omens
Series: None
Authors: Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Genre: Fantasy,  Fiction,
Publisher:  Harper Torch
Received: Purchased
Release Date: December 2006
Pages: 412
Rating:


What is it About?

The time that has been predicted about and predicted about has finally come in this book.  The Antichrist is born and he is unknowing switched at birth to a good family.. Will this change the out come of Armageddon.

My Thoughts:

I read this book months ago and I can’t not remember much about it except the end.  Which I do not want to spoil.   There were funny things about about the book like, when the Antichrist wishes for his hell-hound and it turns out to be a small and tiny dog because that is what he wishes for.


What is left that I remember is not that great, which could be because of the subject matter. I don’t usually read Apocalyptic stuff even if it is tongue in cheek but read this on recommendation of my husband.  I just did not find this one remember-able.  I find similar problems with American Gods as well but enjoyed some of Pratchett’s work alone.  

I think if you like British humor and Monty Python you might grasp the humor better then I did.

Website:

Neil Gaiman
http://www.neilgaiman.com/

Terry Pratchett
http://www.terrypratchett.co.uk/

No comments: