Thursday, May 19, 2011

Something Missing by Matthew Dicks


Something Missing: A Novel






Title: Something Missing
Series: None
Author: Matthew Dicks
Genre: General Fiction, Mystery, Humor
Publisher: Broadway
Received: From Library
Release Date: July 2009
Pages: 304
Rating:


What is it About?

A regular thief, Martin, steal not so regular things.  Stuff you won’t miss like one roll of toilet paper and okay maybe once and while you might be missing one diamond earring.  He is very careful thief and cares so much about his “clients” that starts to get too involved.

My Thoughts:

I thought the main character Martin was very thought out just like the items he steals from his “clients” a boxes of extra snacks here, a bar of soap there.  Very funny to read and scary in some ways to think that someone could actually do this to me and I would not know.   


So the burglars life is romanticized to the point that there is romance and a very sweet one at that.   The chemistry between Martin and one of his client’s friends is nice and leaves you with enough mystery throughout the book that you don’t know what is going to happen or if Martin is going to get caught.

I enjoyed this one I don’t know if it was laugh out loud funny but it did make me smile a few times.


Website:

http://matthewdicks.com/

No comments: