Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday's Change Yourself, Change The World



I started this post about two week ago.  I said  I didn't know if I would make it an event but maybe I will.  
You can see why I am doing the first post Here!

So I hope I can continue doing the post and help change something in me and other to help the world.  Unless Judgement Day comes tomorrow then well I guess we are all done for then or some of us are.
Lets hope not because I am just getting started and hope the Mayans were wrong too...so :-pppp

Again if you want to take these questions to your blog feel free or have a little something you want to say it and link to here.  I will at least visit and we can inspire each other if that is the only thing that comes out of it. ;-)
Have you read anything today that inspired you to do something today/ this week?
 
The Artist's Way

Yes,  I am reading The Artist Way by Julia Cameron, which is not just for artist by the way. I am on week two and even though I have not gone through with every little detail for each week like she hopes you do, I am still pushing through.  And maybe the next time I will do even better..so that is something to look forward to.   I think trying to do every little thing she says also gets us stuck in a rut and we throw the book away and just say " I can't do it!"   I know because I have done this once already.  I have done it with many things in life as well.

The Artist Way has me write every morning.  They are called the morning pages.  So I have been venting in my journal everyday for two weeks and also describing the creative things or just regular things I am doing.  If you want to see the creative things I have been doing take a look at Confuzzled Designs.

 
The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb: A Novel

I am also reading the The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb: A Novel by  Melanie Benjamin.  Now this is a ARC copy.  The book is not due out until July but thanks to her publicist I received a copy by surprise because I reviewed her first book Alice I Have Been.  

This book inspires me because even though it is historical fiction there is a quote on the back and said throughout the book by Lavina (or Mrs. Tom Thumb) " Never would I allow my size to define me.  Instead, I would define it." Now I don't know if she really said it but it is still a good quote.

You see I haven't admitted this to everyone but I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia about 3 years now although I have been dealing with the symptoms for 7 years total.   I don't want that or the times that have been really out of it to define me.   I want to be more then just a diagnoses.  I want help others  get better to the point I have and will hopefully stay.


How can others help you? 

I think by admitting that I have needed help in the past can only help others as long as I continue to grow as a person so can they with other who may have felt like me.   My husband has thought I might start a blog about living with Schizophrenia and I still might (Confuzzled Living anyone?) 

I would also like to start a charity that sells art & crafts made by people who work in art or do art in a therapy format.   Such as hospitals, and rehab centers.   I think what ever we sell would go to the most recent causes of the month ..or I don't know yet.. Still working on legal stuff.  If any one knows anything about legalization of charities contact me please.


What are you trying to prove?

 That I can be a good person to myself and those around me.  Even better then I am thought to be if possible.   And that I can make a difference. 



How about you?? What have you done this week to make a difference in yourself or with others?

 

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I also enjoyed this author's first book. Lucky you to have received this ARC>