Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Refer A Weekend Winner 5/19/09!

And the Winner is Llehn who said I would like to recommend Oh. My. Gods by Tera Lynn Childs. It has been tagged as part "Harry Potter," part Rick Riordan's The Lightning Thief and twists Greek myth to highlight high school drama. Loads of fun! Sound like a good one. I will email you later today so you can pick your winning. Congrats!

gautami tripathy who said...I recently read The Red-Headed Stepchild by Jaye Wells. I liked it. It is fast paced and witty.Here is my review:The Red-Headed Stepchild

This sounds like another good one right up my alley wish i had been more excited about it though.

Ann Diana Dinh, who said...I recommend The Feast of Love by Charles Baxter. Great book!

This one confused me a little. I understand it is about love but it just seemed like to much was going on in the book.

gaby317 who said...I'd like to recommend Angelica by Sharon Shinn. It might sound a bit weird that the main characters are angels but it's not a religious book at all. The angels are selected because of their gift of song. Once every year all inhabitants of the world are asked to sing to God to keep the world from being destroyed - but there aren't many angels. Shinn creates a world with a caste system with the angels at the top, but these angels don't always behave with honor. Humans seek to become angels or marry angels and have part-angel babies. This world is unlike ours today but it's easy to imagine the reality that Shinn creates.

I liked the sound of this one but didn't pick it because I like to read the start of the series


Thanks everyone! :-)

2 comments:

Llehn said...

I hope you enjoy the book! Happy reading!

Llehn said...

Oh, and it just occurred to me that I didn't leave my email addy. Heh heh.

lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com