Saturday, January 31, 2009

Winner For RABF 01/31/09!


Congrats to Lauren from Shooting Stars Mag who recommended Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs. I have never read anything by Burroughs but I have read Sedaris and thought he was okay. Trying a different funny essay author sounded good to me.

Becky - I hope you are feeling better. I didn't pick the Starry Rift because well it sci fi and I don't read sci fi mostly because it makes me feel dumb because I usually don't understand when technology is talked about or the names are two weird that I can't keep track who's who. Sometimes this happens to me in fantasy book as well. Maybe I haven't found the right sci fi yet. It does sounds like good authors and the first story sounds like a good one but sci fi is more my husband's thing.

Tamara - I didn't pick 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill. It is pretty much because the scary story. I can't do even a little bit scary. In fact one children's book that I read recently got dark and creepy and almost didn't finish and it was a great book. I would really love to try but I get nightmares from my husband telling me abou t his creepy books. lol

Thanks everyone for playing. Keep trying if you didn't get picked. :-)


3 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Yay, thanks!!

-Lauren

.Books by TJ Baff said...

tell your husband to try this one then......supremely creepy!

BookWormz said...

I love Sedaris! Also love Burroughs, though - my fav is "Dry" - it's a little intense, but it can be very funny (in a dark, dark way).