Friday, January 30, 2009

Refer A Book Friday 1/30/09

Rules of Refer A Book Friday: To play all you have to do is recommend a book that you liked and post in the comments. Tell me why you liked the book or link to your review. I will pick a recommendation, then add it to my TBR pile and the person who recommended the book will get to win a book from this Pile of Free Books that I reviewed.
I usually post the Refer A Book Friday post at 12pm EST after I am done work. Each week I will post a new post for you to comment in.
Hint: This week maybe you could recommend me some Short Stories, Essay, or Poetry books.

3 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Hmm...I really like the humor short story books, and it's really one of the few that I've read as of yet. LOL

Butttt...Possible Side Effects by Augusten Burroughs is one of my favorites. I know a lot of people really like David Sedaris too. Both really funny.

Um...I posted an interview and guest blog on my new site Bridge The Gap. I haven't read the book yet, but it looks hilarious and is all about an American's life in England. You can check it out here:

www.bridgethegapx.blogspot.com

-lauren

Becky said...

My favorite-new-to-me collection is Starry Rift. It is science fiction, but, I *know* that you'd at least love the first story in the collection. It is the best, best, best short story ever. It is by Scott Westerfeld, and it is awesome :) The others are okay--it also features a story by Gaiman.

.Books by TJ Baff said...

ok...I know I leave weird titles for books but what about...
20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill

It isn't all scary stuff some is weird and creepy and some just odd but ALL extremely well written.

great short stories!

Tamara