Thursday, December 16, 2021

Shannon's Review - Hannah And The Angels #6 Mardi Gras Mix-Up by Linda Lowery Keep




Title: Mardi Gras Mix-Up
Series: Hannah And The Angels #6
Author: Linda Lowery Keep
Illustrator/Book Cover Design: Unknown
Genre: Juvenile, Chapter book, Fiction, Angels, Fantasy
Publisher: Random House Book For Young Readers
Received: bought
Release Date: June 1999
Pages: 128
Rating:




Author’Linda Lowery Keep's Official Websites:



Website:
https://lindalowery.com/

Blog:
None found

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/lowerykeepbooks/

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/lowerykeep

Instagram:
None Found



Shannon’s Thoughts:

Young Hannah has been chosen to help others and her angel friends guide her on the journey. Hannah makes new friends as she helps those that seem like they are alone in their struggle. In Mardi Gras Mix Up Hannah is led to a young boy in a wheelchair who has run away because he does not want to leave his home.

I like chapter books like this. It is a sweet short story not made too easy. It reminds me of Touched By Angel for kids. This was the first one in this series I had read. I could follow what was happening but I did feel like I would understand the reason for angels if I read the first book. Hopefully one day I will.

The only downside is that I feel the angels are not in the book as much as I thought they would be. Everything is kinda put on Hannah’s shoulders which is kinda rough for a preteen.

Hannah and the Angels is a great series for kids ages 5 and up. I would also recommend The Fairy School series by Gail Carson Levine.

No comments: