Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Shannon's Review - Red Wolf by Liza Marklund




Title: Red Wolf
Series: Annika Bengtzon #5
Author: Liza Marklund
Illustrator/Book Cover Design: Jill Putorti
Genre: Fiction, Mystery, Series
Publisher: Atria
Received: Free from the publisher for an honest review
Release Date: February 2011
Pages: 400
Rating:




Author Liza Marklund’s Official Websites:


(borrowed from lizamarklund.com)

Website:
http://lizamarklund.com/

Blog:
None Found

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/LizaMarklund

Twitter:
None Found

Instagram:
None Found



Shannon’s Thoughts:

Annika is a journalist who writes at a tabloid. After a journalistic friend is killed Annika is slowly uncovering what could be a serial killer.

This the 5th book in the Annika Bengtzon series. I had not read any of the previous books so I was missing some back story. I enjoyed some of the characters and felt bad for some, I did not care for others.

In most thriller books you can jump in any book in the series and get the gist of what happened in previous books. This book did not do that for me. I was lost until about 50 pages in, then we are reading about Annika and her husband’s relationship problems. Once that scene was over we are then reading about Annika’s friend and her husband's problems. All could think is why should I care about these characters. The friend couple really did not advance the story for me. I was also confused about why Annika would sometimes hear angels. I don’t know if that was supposed to be real or she was off her meds.

This book was hit and miss for me. I was more interested in Annika’s relationships than the mystery/thriller part. I had to really force myself to finish. I will not continue reading this series.

No comments: