Monday, April 20, 2020

Mumbling Monday - Who I Am And How I Started Book Blogging


Who I Am And How I Started Book Blogging


(the art of me by me from my many Christmas cards)

I think I have written posts like this before but it has been a while so I thought why not do it again. 

My name is Shannon McGee. I sometimes go as Confuzzled Shannon on line. I am an artist, reader, blogger, daughter, sister, and wife. I am all those things and probably more. Not only do I have a big imagination that I use to draw and paint but my imagination also brings trouble to my brain in the form of a mental illness called schizophrenia. Sometimes my brain likes to make things up that have not happened. So my imagination is a blessing and a curse. 

I have been an avid reader as long as I have been able to read. Spending much of my time in my local library and hours reading in my room as a child. As an adult I know I don’t read as much because I have adult chores and worries. The older I seem to get the shorter time goes. 

I still love reading as much as I can and I love to share my thoughts with others. Before I had started this book blog I had mostly sites with art I had. During the rise of Live journal I made icons for others to use and posted them on an Angelfire website. I had another site where I drew what is called dollz. My dollz site was called dragonz and dollz. These sites are gone and probably one day this blog will be lost too but for now, I enjoy posting here. It has been over 10 years that I have had this blog. I am not good at planning celebrations even if it is only to type “Hey it’s the blog’s anniversary!” or “Hey it’s my birthday!” (which is actually Tuesday!).

Anyway this just a post that’s saying I am still here, the blog is still here and what to tomorrow may hold for either… who knows. Enjoy today! Happy Monday my confuzzled people!






Finished Reading This Week


The Electric Heir by Victoria Lee (#2 FeverWake series)

I enjoyed this series although still feel like the 1st book in the series was the better. But I do love the characters Noam, and Dara. I haven’t read many stories with LGBTQ couples and the ones I have read rarely seem believable as a couple. Noam and Dara are one of the rare ones that I feel fit together well. I would have liked to see more magic and a lot less seeing the good guys get their asses handed to them. 



Other Stuff I Did This Week


Binged Watched 



The Big Bang Theory - Season 12

I was late to the party with watching TBBT. For some reason, I did not like it when it was still on but now I love it. I don’t know why I did not think it was funny. Now it is like a comfy blanket. I am sad I finished. I guess now its time to start watching Sheldon, it’s spin-off. 




Sorry To Bother You on Hulu

This was one my hubby wanted to see because he heard it was really good. I was good and definitely had a message and decided to make it with a really weird story. I mean it’s really weird.


Art I Made


(done by me, Shannon McGee)



I painted this in acrylics and I call the “3 Cute Evils”. We got Gizmo, Stitch and The Child (aka baby Yoda). I need to do more painting and I don’t think I am finished with this one yet. Got to touch up some stuff.

No comments: