Monday, July 8, 2019

Mumbling Mondays - Board Gaming On The Rise


Board Gaming On The Rise


There are three really cool areas that have popped up in our area. All of them have to do with board gaming. I am not really talking about Monopoly, or Shoots And Ladders. (Although they count) I mean stores and groups that play Settlers Of Catan, Magic The Gathering, Dungeon & Dragons and so many more games. 

Area 1) The Eastern Pennsylvania Gaming Society - A group of gamers at all levels. They meet in the community room in Oxford Valley Mall. They hold meetings on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of every month. They usually game from 9 am to 9 pm. The first visit is free afterward there is a monthly fee. You can bring your own games or see what others bring and jump into a game.

Area 2) Lookin’ For Games Store and Lounge - This store has a nice space. There is a fee to play games you get to try all sorts of boards games before purchasing them. You can even hold with large groups. They also help promote many games that are on Kickstarter. 

Area 3) Nerdom Lounge - This place just opened in Philly. Similar set up as Lookin’ For Games but they also have spaces to watch movies and or go on the internet. 

Are gaming shops or groups popping up in your area?



Finished Reading this week



Between Worlds by Skip Brittingham 

I am not quite done with this book but I should be able to finish it this week. It is very interesting. To enjoy this book there is an app to download. You can view things you can’t see in the book but only on the app. 





Other Stuff I Did This Week

Binge Watching



The Dead Zone: Season 5 - Amazon Prime

Another season down. I hate that most tv series have been having fewer and fewer episodes. There were only 10 episodes in the 5th season. Where the first had 20 some. I still like the show but the formula is getting tiring. 




Happy Death Day 2U

I watched the first Happy Death Day and surprisingly enjoyed it. I knew from the trailers I was going to really enjoy this as well. I did not expect the story to go multi-verse. 




Spiderman Far From Home - In Theatres

I love all the Marvel movies this one was no different. I missed out on seeing Dark Phoenix though. Tom Holland as Spiderman has been pretty good. And those two credit scenes at the end!! OMG!





Just my imagination

Since my most recent request was a pet I decided to do another animal hidden treasure box. 







I have not finished it yet and I have started another box that is going to be fan art of a very popular tv series right now. Pictures later

No comments: