Saturday, December 29, 2018

Shannon's Review - Fairy Dreams by Carol McLean-Carr





Title: Fairy Dreams
Series: N/A
Author: Carol McLean Carr
Genre: Children, Picture book, Fantasy, Seek and find, Fairies
Publisher: Scholastic Inc
Received: Swap site
Release Date: October 2000
Pages: 32
Rating:




Author Carol McLean-Carr Official Websites:

(I could not find any sites for the public on this author)


Shannon’s Thoughts:

Fairy Dreams is written and illustrated by Carol McLean-Carr. The paintings are intricate and brightly colored. There is so much detail that every time it is viewed you will find something new. The story focuses on items to find in the imagery.

This kind of detailed fantasy drawings are popular and it is not hard to see why. Of course, the characters are fairies which are a big thing for me. Big “Yay!” for fairies.

The story is lacking as it is more of a find and seek book. It mentions an item to find in the illustrations on the page. I don’t know if it is because my eyesight is going, but I couldn’t find the items. Not a one. I keep trying but I am not sure if my book is a little faded or something. I do love the illustrations but sometimes looking for the items I felt it very busy.

I wish the story was a little more interesting. The art is amazing though. When I was a child I was not really introduced to many “Seek And Find” books. Now Barnes & Noble's children's clearance section is usually full of them. I am going to take another look at this book and try to find some items. I will probably pass it on to someone who might love all of it.

2 comments:

SaraInOregon said...

I cannot find the dang wand! Did you ever find it! I specifically was looking for a blog that pointed out where these missing items are because I couldn’t find some of them either.

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I could not find a darn thing. Drove me crazy.