Sunday, December 23, 2018

Shannon's Book Review - The Enchanted Life by Sharon Blackie





Title: The Enchanted Life
Series: N/A
Author: Sharon Blackie
Genre: Self Improvement
Publisher: Ambrosia
Received: Copy For Free For Honest Review Purposes
Release Date: April 2018
Pages: 356
Rating:

Author Sharon Blackie’s Official Websites:


(taken from sharonblackie.net)


Website:


Blog:


Facebook:


Twitter:


Shannon’s Thoughts:


Dr. Sharon Blackie writes a book that many psychologists would not encourage most to believe and that is the power of mythology, fairy tales, and magic. She describes her connection to nature and how she creates her own enchantment within life over years she has practiced.


What interested me in this book was the title and I was very interested in a doctor who as a scientist also believes in magic.  I know from experience these kind of doctors are hard to come by. As someone who does believe that we create our own magic or enchantment in our lives, I sometimes lose belief and or doubt in magic in life. So I was at the time of reading this looking for some hope and something relight that spark that anything is possible.


As I continued to read the book Dr. Blackie made some interesting points about fairy tales and the ones you relate to or see yourself as. That in particular really made me think of why I think do or things about myself. But for the most part, the book did not really teach me anything new or help me to see myself in a better way, which is more what I need. I feel like we read about her finding her own contentment in nature and relationships but not really explaining how to find that happiness for yourself. I just needed more from the book.


I do think Dr. Blackie has some interesting points and I think I would have a couple of questions if we ever met.  Even though I was not satisfied with the knowledge I received from this book I would read another by her.





No comments: