Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Shannon's Review - Quiet In The Garden by Aliki




Title: Quiet In The Garden
Series: N/A
Author: Aliki
Genre: Fiction, Children’s, Picture Book
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Received: Borrowed From Library
Release Date: February 2009
Pages: 32
Rating:





Author Aliki’s Official Websites:
(the image was taken from Amazon.com)

Website:
None

Blog:
None

Facebook:
None

Twitter:
None



Shannon’s Thoughts:

An empathic little boy wanders a garden watching animals and with plants and each other.

Quite In The Garden is a cute and calming book. I feel it very relatable to me because as a child I watched and played with animals and bugs alike.  The little boy imagines different animals communicating with each other.

Even though the book is very relaxing it gets a little to slow and might make the reader sleepy.  Then again maybe that is the goal since many parents may read this before bed.

I know that author Aliki has written many children books. This is the first book I have read by her. Illustrations are lovely and her writing gives a lot of feeling.  I hope to read more of the author’s work.

No comments: