Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Shannon's Review - Strangers On The High Seas by Carole P. Roman


Title: Strangers On The High Seas
Series: A Captain No Beard Story #4
Author: Carole P. Roman
Genre: Fiction, Childrens, Picturebook
Publisher: Createspace
Received: From Author For Review
Release Date: May 2013
Pages: 32
Rating:

Author Carole P. Roman Official Websites:

Website

Blog

Facebook

Twitter



Shannon’s Thoughts:
Captain No Beard has a new crew member named Cayla. As he keeps his eye on her a possible stranger/enemy pirate ship come into view.

It’s been awhile since I have a read a Captain No Beard and there were somethings I had forgotten my first read through of this 4th book in the series.  I had forgotten that the captain and his mates were children pretending so when I first read I was confused.  Now I have read it a second time and I would said this book and series are really cute and are well written.   I think it would be well liked for boys and girls.

I love the watercolor illustrations although I feel like there was a couple of times I could not figure out if the images where saying the same the words were but that might be my adult eyes going.

I look forward to reading more Captain No Beard stories.  I could also see this series becoming a cartoon in years to come.





No comments: