Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Shannon's Review - The Deep And Snowy Wood by Elwyn Tate


Title: The Deep And Snowy Wood
Series: N/A
Author: Elwyn Tate
Genre: Fiction, Childrens, Picturebook, Christmas
Publisher: ??
Received: Bought
Release Date: November 2012
Pages: 22
Rating:


Author Elwyn Tate’s Official Websites:


Website
N/A


Blog
N/A


Facebook
N/A


Twitter





Shannon’s Thoughts:

What a festive book! As the animals romp in and under the snow filled woods to join a little celebration our eyes are shown adorable art along with sweet rhymes.

This book is sweet but not overly sweet. It is short but the combination of art and little text can be read out loud to children in ways that keep the young ones attentive to the story.

My only issue is that I wish I had the physical book in my hands because I would give it to my nephew who is a up and coming book lover. I read this in the kindle version and at the end the author did say it would come out in paperback so it may be available now. I have had this version for a few years and it has taking me till now to review.

I would have loved to see a continuation of the end to see how the animals celebrated the winter  holidays. The art is lovely and I can see little ones wanting it read over and over again.

No comments: