Friday, May 13, 2016

Shannon's Review - The Magic Strings Of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom

TheMagicStringsOfFrankiePresto.jpg

Title: The Magic Strings Of Frankie Presto
Series: N/A
Author: Mitch Albom
Genre: Fantasy, Inspiration Ficiton,
Publisher:  Harper
Received:  bought
Release Date:  November 2015
Pages: 512
Rating:

rating5.smgif.gif


Author’s Official Websites:

Website


Blog
N/A


Facebook



Twitter




Shannon’s Thoughts:

Born with a musical talent no one can deny. Frankie Presto life is told by “Music” itself. We learn about the life of Frankie, as those who loved him come together to celebrate a man who can not be replaced.

There is something I love about Mitch Albom books. The inspirational way the stories are told and each one get more creative than the next. The fictional story of Frankie Presto and his talented life, show that you can’t run away from what god given talent you have because it is part of that person’s being. I may not have musical talent but I have artist talent. I have known how to draw from the time I was little. Like Frankie Presto there were times I stopped doing anything artist but it found it’s always back to me.  The same happens for Frankie, many times.

Even though the book goes back and forth through Frankie’s life and death.  I was still not prepared to say goodbye.  I wanted to know more about Frankie, his wife and daughter.  Even though I wanted the story to go on. I disliked that fact that the author felt he had to reveal Frankie’s true history, who his mother and father was.  I think I would have been okay for Frankie to have never known this info because in real life you do not get all the answers.

Mitch Albom has written another inspirational book.  It sparks questions about life, death and what talent we grabbed for ourselves while being born.  We reach for the stars and some of us, like Frankie, become one.





No comments: