Thursday, September 12, 2013

Shannon's Review- Brilliant Nightmare by Edita Birschbach





Title: Brilliant Nightmare
Series: Ruby #1
Author: Edita Birschbach
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy,
Publisher:
Received: From Author For Review
Release Date: February 2013
Pages:
Rating:



Author’s Website:

N/A

Shannon’s Thoughts:

Main character Ruby, is a high school senior, has dreams that seem to be from a previous lifetime.  Ruby struggles with normal teenage situations, like boys and friends.  Along with struggles she dreams of her friends a family connecting both in the awake world and sleeping time.

From the start of Brilliant Nightmare I was hooked.  For some reason I enjoy books about past lives.  Not only did I enjoy Ruby’s  dream world but was also attracted to her real life.  Ruby’s relationship with Troy was complicated and then suddenly nil.  In comes foreign exchange group. Adam who I adored even if he was bossy.  He was just a good influence for Ruby.

One itty bitty thing bothered me ...cliffhanger!  Ugh!  Well it’s not a bad thing if you want read next book.  Excellent story and I love the different characters. I am itching to read the next book.

No comments: