Thursday, July 4, 2013

Booking On Thursday - World Patriotism


Image from Shannon McGee.  Item sold on Confuzzled Designs Etsy store.






btt button
So, Fourth of July here in the USA … Do you ever read books that could be considered patriotic? Rousing stories of heroes? History? Brave countrymen & women doing bold things?
What would you recommend if somebody asked you for something patriotic–no matter what your country?
Be as specific or as general as you like?


I would say that I have read some things patriotic of the USA.  I have read some of the childrens series Dear America.  I mostly stick to kids right now because I feel I learn more because they are easier for my brain to digest at the moment.  Although if I found some thing was interesting in adult format I am sure I would do okay with it. 

As for recommending somebody for something patriotic no matter what country... Well I am not sure this what you meant but I looked up History of the World books on a couple of websites.  There are quite a few that looked interesting. 

The History Of The World by J.M. Roberts & O.A. Westad

The World Is Flat by Thomas L. Friedman

Mental Floss History Of The World by Erik Sass & Steve Wiegand


These are the three that looked interesting to me and that I might read someday. Are there book you find interesting on the subject of Patriotism?
   

1 comment:

ThorinMcGee said...

That mental floss one looks interesting. its hard to keep a mental picture of when everything happened everywhere, but bet they convey the big picture well.