Monday, April 8, 2013

Shannon's Review - A Clash Of Kings by George R. R. Martin





Title: A Clash Of Kings
Series: A Song Of Ice And Fire #2
Author: George R.R. Martin
Genre: Fantasy
Publisher:  Bantam
Received: Bought
Release Date: May 2002
Pages: 926
Rating:

Author’s Websites:

Official Website Of George R.R, Martin


Shannon’s Thoughts:

This being the second book in The Ice & Fire Series, we are reunited with characters from the first book.  Like the first book there is dark clouds hovering above the families fighting for the right of the iron throne.  Now the book does pretty much cover everything that is in the series.  There are little things here and there I thought should have been in the tv series that had been removed.  I saw the t.v. series first so the books were not shocking story wise because.

Some things I really wonder why they cut out of the t.v. series.  Like for instance there is a comet in the sky that is suppose to be an omen predicting doom.  I do not think this is even mentioned in the t.v. series and I kinda felt it needed more of the mystical.

Only I complain about is they are so damn long to read.  I  just finished the 2nd book in time for 3 season on HBO.   So I have no idea what is coming.  I had hope to read the 3rd book before the show came on again.  That is not really important I guess.  The books may be long but still worth it.

Amazing drama, and fantasy.  If you have friends that read the books you will find everyone has their favorite chapters or characters to read about.  The stories do tend to show the darker side of people... but it also shows how people still have hope and struggle to get normalcy back to their chaotic lives.


2 comments:

Kate Scott said...

I really want to read this series. I've been sneaking episodes of the TV show, but I don't want to spoil the books too much, so I usually skip about 1/2 the show. The books are just so long! I have to find the time...

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Yes they are long but good. My hubby is reading the most recent one A Dance With Dragons. He wants to tell me about so bad.. It is worse when we go out with friends and they all have read them.