Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shannon's Review - To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee







Title: To Kill A Mockingbird
Series: N/A
Author: Harper Lee
Genre: Classic
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Received: Purchased
Release Date: 1960
Pages: 376
Rating:


Shannon’s Thoughts:

Scout Finch grows up in 1940’s while learning that the world is not as fair as she thinks it should be.   As she is coming of age she deals with things like being lady, racial issues, and hate crimes.  Although the last two usually come hand and hand.  The book is mostly about Scout growing up and that there is a trial that is judge by the jury more by race the evidence.  Scout her brother Jem separately deal with the outcome of the trial.

I was surprised at how much I did enjoy this.  Years ago it was assigned to our English class and I hate reading for school. So I never read it then but watch the movie with Cary Grant in class.    Now I haven’t seen the movies in years but I mostly remember it being on the trial.  The  trial is a part of the book but there is so much more to it.

I can not think of anything I did not like in this book.  Love it and can see why it is a classic




Website:

Harper Lee Website
http://www.harperlee.com/

No comments: