Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shannon's Review - Gife From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh







Title: Gift From The Sea
Series: N/A
Author: Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Genre: Spiritual, Self Help
Publisher: Vintage
Received: Owned
Release Date: 1955
Pages: 140
Rating:



Shannon’s Thoughts:

I picked up a Gift From The Sea after reading the historical fiction novel The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin, which is loosely about the life of the author Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I learned from The Aviator’s Wife that Anne was a smart, poetic, insightful and strong woman. This definitely shows through out the book A Gift From Sea. Her interpretation of shells along the beach comparing them to a woman’s life as we grow, marry, have children still keeping our individuality as strong women. 

What I like about a Gift From The Sea is that it is a book that can be reread over the years and you keep learning from it. I feel that this first time that I have read it, that I am (at 35) still an infant in my years and have yet much to learn from this world. I feel as Anne’s daughter Reeve said, in the intro I have that, it is a book that should be read once a year. 

The interpretation of the shells found along the beach, and comparing them to life, was sometimes lost on me but still interesting. 

In the end this a book I am keeping. I hope to return to it possibly once a year to reread. As much as I learned from it there is so much more that I will learn from it through the stages of my life.



Website:

N/A

No comments: