Thursday, December 27, 2012

Shannon Review - The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin






Title: The Aviator’s Wife
Series: N/A
Author: Melanie Benjamin
Genre: Historical Fiction
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Received: From Publisher for Review
Release Date: January 15th 2013
Pages: 416
Rating:


My Thoughts:

Again I am sucked into a Melanie Benjamin historical fiction book.  This time the narrator is Anne Morrow Lindbergh the wife of aviator Charles Lindbergh.  Anne fell for Charles immediately and you might say Charles felt the same.  He taught how to fly an airplane and they traveled to europe.  They did married and have children. In fact the family was famous but just maybe you heard of the Lindbergh’s after their first son had been kidnapped.

Just like in Alice I Have Been and The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb,  Melanie Benjamin creates a new voice that feel so real you can’t help but in way hear the voice of Anne Lindbergh in your head.  Just beautifully written and applauses for picking Anne Morrow Lindbergh as a subject to write about.

I really don’t have any problems with the book except that I wanted more of it.  I read this as slow as possible so I could savor it.

You can tell a lot of research goes into Melanie Benjamin book.  I can’t wait to see who she chooses to write about next!


Website:

Official Melanie Benjamin Website
http://www.melaniebenjamin.com/




No comments: