Monday, November 12, 2012

Shannon's Review - A Never Land Book: Cave Of The Dark Wind by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson






Title: A Never Land Book: Cave Of The Dark Wind #2
Series: A Never Land Book
Author: Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Genre: Juvenile Fiction,
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Received: Purchased
Release Date: July 2007
Pages: 166
Rating:



What is it About?

James and three lost boys are bored waiting for their leader Peter to come back from his journey.  James decides it is time for an adventure of their own.


My Thoughts:

Through their friend Little Scallop and Shining Pearl the four Lost Boys learn about a dangerous cave that can make people blind.  Peter is away the Lost Boys want to play...well at least James does.  He has to convince some of the others.

It was odd reading a Never Land story without Peter Pan and I thought I would immediately dislike it but I did not.   I actually loved this story and the tying in of Hook, Smee and other pirates. I don’t know how many of these Never Land books were created but I am enjoying the new tales.  Some of the book reminded me of the SyFy movie that premiered last year called Neverland which was wonderful.   This book just captured the fun and excitement of unknown adventure.

Website:

Official Disney’s Peter Pan Site
http://disney.go.com/official-sites/peter-and-the-starcatchers/index

No comments: