Friday, September 7, 2012

Review - A Touch of Greek by Tina Folsom



Title: A Touch of Greek
Series: Out of Olympus #1
Author: Tina Folsom
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: ???
Received: Bought
Release Date: September 2010
Pages: 228
Rating:


What is it About?

The womanizing Greek God Triton is punished by Zeus and sent to the human find someone who truly loves him.

My Thoughts:

The God Triton, son of Poseidon, gets punished by Zeus for banging anything that moves and always getting in trouble for it. Zeus sends him to Earth to find someone who loves him for him and he has to love them back. It seems like the first five minutes he stops in a bar and finds Sophie. A little too lucky I say. He lusts after her but she sees through his womanizing ways. Triton tries to find a way to get her to love him. As he waits for the right moment Sophie falls down a flight of stairs. With major injuries including temporary blindness she needs to find help. That is where Triton moves himself into her life.

I don’t normally read romances and I picked this one to read because of the Greek mythology. I was a little shocked at first because the mature sexual content but after I kept reading and followed the story it was still shocking and sexy, but it had some holes in the story. One hole is Sophie’s friend has to go on a business trip and can’t help he hurt best friend. Then Sophie’s friend never calls, never comes back into the story.

I know most of this sounds predictable and a little cheesy but I got into it. The book ‘s story of their attraction to one another is magical, sexual and with a little cheese. This not a book for teens. This is a 18+ romance/fantasy book. This is also the first in a series and I think I would enjoy the series so I may continue.



Website:

Official Site of Tina Folsom
http://www.tinawritesromance.com/

No comments: