Friday, September 14, 2012

Review - I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter







Title: I’d Tell You I Love You But Then I Would Have To Kill You
Series: Gallagher Girls #1
Author: Ally Carter
Genre: Teen, Fiction
Publisher: (audio version) Brilliance  Audio
Received: Borrowed From Library
Release Date:  April 2006
Pages: (audio) 7 discs
Rating:



What is it About?

Cammie comes from a long line of spies.  All trained at this special school Gallagher Academy.  Most of the world knows this as a regular private school and they try hard to keep it a secret.  Cammie is learning the downfall of being a spy, they don’t teach you how to talk to boys.

My Thoughts:

The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women is school like no other.  On the outside it looks like a regular private school and on the inside is a pimped up school for spies.  They try to keep the spy part a secret.  Cammie Morgan is attending the academy with her mom as principal.  Cammie learns many different languages, Russian, Japanese, French, and more.   She also is taught how to kill someone with one uncooked spaghetti.  One thing she isn’t taught is how to talk and act around boys.  

I actually read this book twice.  Once in hardcover when it first came out in 2006 and then I saw my library had it as a audio so I thought it would be fun to listen to it.  I didn’t finish the audio book not because it was bad but because I have hard time paying attention unless I am listening in a car.

The book is fun, filled with humor, and secret spy gadgets.  True is a premise that some movies have done usually with a boy in the lead but this one is for the girls.  I want to read the rest of the series.  I can imagine that the rest of the series will make me grin and laugh out loud as this one did.


Website:

Ally Carter’s Official Website
http://allycarter.com/

No comments: