Monday, September 10, 2012

Review - Aesop's Fables translated by George Fyler Townsend




Title: Aesop’s Fables
Series: N/A
Author: (Tramslated by) George Fyler Townsend
Genre: Fiction, Mythology
Publisher: N/A
Received: Free with Kindle
Release Date: N/A
Pages: 89
Rating:


What is it About?

Short stories that are cautionary tales for children and adults who should follow the wisdom of the tales.

My Thoughts:

Tales with moral endings. Preparing those for the hard world.  Each story has some familiar stories like Sheep in Wolf’s Clothing, and The Boy Who Cried Wolf. (Those are not the actual titles of the stories in the book)  There are quite a few I did not know of like The Dolphin and The Lion which is the one that sticks with me the most.

The stories are never more than two pages long and while I got the moral of some others seemed over my head or maybe too old.   I did not find much entertainment in reading this which is probably how the tales should be read not for entertainment but as stories read to warn us of dark side of life.

Website:

N/A

No comments: