Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Review - The Pharaoh's Secret by Marissa Moss





Title: The Pharaoh’s Secret
Series: N/A
Author: Marissa Moss
Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Mythology
Publisher: Harry N. Abrams
Received: From Publisher
Release Date: October 2009
Pages: 320
Rating:


What is it About?

Talibah and her brother Adom are traveling with their father to Egypt. They are introduced to one of histories rare female ruler of Egypt. As Talibah walks through she make discoveries that seem unreal.

My Thoughts:

After Talibah and Adom mother dies, their father decided it was time to show what he works on. Archaeology of pyramids. He takes them to one of the few queens of Egypt. Talibah begins to have visions and thinks she losing her mind.

I know it is a juvenile kids book but I loved it. I learned about a female pharaoh I had never heard of and the people surrounding her. The mystical way Talibah finds out about the ruler is not really original but how light hearted the book is I am willing to let that pass. I love Talibah and her brother attitude and how they bond together to figure things out. The only thing to make this better if it were a series. So far as I know it is not.

Website:

Marissa Moss’ Official Website
http://marissamoss.com/

No comments: