Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Review - A Gathering Of Storms by B. L. Tackett



Title: A Gathering Of Storms
Series: The Ballad of Mary and Cyrus #1
Author: B.L. Tackett
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Brandon Lee Tackett
Received: Purchased
Release Date: June 2012
Pages: 250
Rating:


What is it About?

Cyrus and Mary are young and in love but there is a darkness and mystical
vibes surrounding both. This darkness wants to keep them apart.


My Thoughts:

Young and sweet love between Mary and Cyrus is just budding. Neither of them know what is following them and one of the dark things wants to keep them apart. Mary is sucked into a mystical darkness that is destroying both Mary and Cyrus and those around them.


The story starts out so sweet and then really get dark and sad. I like the good mystical side that follows Cyrus, Teagan, and Cyrus’ brother. The darkness that takes Mary is not supposed to be liked. I am not sure whether I liked or disliked them not mention that the monsters are vampires. I find it funny how the author seems to go to such extremes to not mention the name of the dark force following Mary. To be honest I liked the book sometimes and then it annoyed me during other times. It just seems like this story and the series is not going to be happy one but you make your decision I will stick with mine.

Website:

N/A

No comments: