Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review - The Infernals by John Connolly





Title: The Infernals
Series: The Samuel Johnson Series #2
Author: John Connolly
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Publisher: Atria Books
Received: From Publisher For Review
Release Date:  October 2011
Pages: 320
Rating:



What is it About?

A high level demon named Mrs. Abernathy successfully brings her nemesis, a young boy, Samuel Johnson to hell so she can end his life after she ruined her plans in first book. (The Gates)



My Thoughts:

Samuel Johnson and his dog mind their own business in the human world but his old nemesis Mrs. Abernathy want revenge for fouling up her plans.   She captures Samuel and two more carfuls of people.

Loved the humor in this book.  It reminded me of a young adult version of Good Omens  especially with the footnotes which were funny and interesting.  I had not read the first book but I feel like I understood the story as it was explain a little in this one.  I was a little confused about the dwarf characters they seemed they were from Hell already but then Mrs. Abernathy captured them in the human world.  They were funny did not change their attitude much even after captured and in Hell.

I would definitely read more of this series and since i didn’t read the first I want to read The Gates too.


Website:

Official John Connolly Site
http://www.johnconnollybooks.com/

No comments: