Five Fun Facts - Rick Riordan
author of the Percy Jackson series
1. Rick Riordan thought in his years of college that he was going to be a rock star and studied guitar and music. Eventually changed his mind and became a teacher.
2. The reason that demi gods, in the Percy Jackson series, are prone to be tested having ADHD is because Rick Riordan son has ADHD.
3. Some the idea for the characters in the Percy Jackson series came from the classes Rick Riordan taught.
4. Mr. Riordan feels that he writes children books better than adult although that is how started his writing career by writing mystery series.
5. The first book or series Mr. Riordan remembers enjoying to read as a child was The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien