Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Review - Cirque Du Freak : The Manga #2 by Darren Shan

Cirque Du Freak: The Manga, Vol. 2: The Vampire's Assistant
Title: Cirque du Freak : The Manga #2
Series: Cirque Du Freak
Author: Darren Shan
Genre: Manga, Fantasy
Publisher: Yen Press
Received: Borrowed from library
Release Date: August 2009
Pages: 192
Rating:


What is it About?
Young Darren Shan deals with being different then other teenagers, he is a vampire and lives with the people of Cirque Du Freak

My Thoughts:

I do not know if the original books have the campiness that the movie and the manga have. This makes it more enjoyable and the images fun. Characters are likable and relate-able. The fact that Darren Shan named the character that is a vampire after himself is just awesome. I knew what was going to happen as I saw the movie and I believe this second book end is where the movie does. Although some parts are left out of the movie. I love the friendship with the fellow Cirque Du Freak characters that Darren has immediately.

I do want to read the original books to see the difference from the mangas. I always got the feeling there was a different feel to them compared. The manga is fun, exciting, and creative.

Website:

Darren Shan Official Site
http://www.darrenshan.com/

No comments: