Monday, July 4, 2011

Sanctuary of The Soul by Aaron St. Julien

Sanctuary of the Soul: Sacred Heart Offering

 




Title: Sanctuary Of The Soul
Series: N/A
Author: Aaron St. Julien
Genre: Poetry
Publisher: Outskirts Press, Inc.  
Received:  From Author For Review
Release Date: Janurary 2011
Pages: 92
Rating:


What is it About?
Poetry written over a 16 year period.  About life, spirituality and love.

My Thoughts:

It’s hard to grasp the feeling and prose of this poetry at first if you are use to reading prose that goes very differently.   This very much feels like rap and sometimes the way the sentences are broken up throw off the flow of reading.   I think some of it could have been edited better.

For the most part I enjoyed reading the poems once I got the flow that I think the poems are meant to go I understood them better.  

I couldn’t relate to some of the poetry as some of the poetry is about race and the trails that Aaron St. Julien as gone through but that doesn’t mean they do not have meaning to me.

Website:

N/A.

Trailer:
N/A

No comments: