Monday, June 13, 2011

Musing Monday - June 13, 2011 - All-nighter

This week’s Musing asks…
What’s the last thing you stayed up half the night reading because it was so good you couldn’t put it down?
 
I think the last book that had me wanting to stay up late to finish was Dark Fire by Chris D'Lacey (my review).
Dark Fire (Last Dragon Chronicles)I think of it now and some of the book is really complex but that parts that weren't were the parts that had me wanting to read more.  Which were the parts about the characters.  Since this was a book from a series (#5 of 7) I was returning to old friends and some of them were growing up and it was as exciting for them as it was me.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Book number 5 of 7? You must be missing out on some serious sleep. Did the other books keep you up as well?!

http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/musing-mondays_13.html

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I read each as it came out like the potter series. book 6 just came out so I haven't gotten yet. Yeah they all have been pretty good. I keep reading them so I guess they are good. lol There are some things I don't like about them too but for the most part they do have the appeal to keep you up.

Gigi Ann said...

I don't necessarily stay up to read a book because I can't put it down, it is usually because I have insomnia, that I read into the wee small hours of the morning.