Tuesday, April 19, 2011

If You're Hoppy...by April Pulley Sayre

y

Title: If You’re Hoppy
Author: April Pulley Sayre
Genre:Easter, Holiday, Children’s Book, Picture Book
Publisher:  Harper Collins
Received: Don’t Own
Release Date: Jan 2011
Pages: 32
Rating:


What is it About?
If you know the “If you’re Happy and You know it” song, then this is a familiar take on the song in picture book form.


My Thoughts:

At first something about this picture book got to me and not in a good way. It just didn’t seem to flow right while I read it in my head.


Creative? Yes. Fun? Yes. Get stuck in your head? Yes.Yes. Yes.

I can’t stop singing “If You’re Hoppy ..” in my head and it is not annoying. I am enjoying reminiscing about the new words to the original musical tune.  I am enjoying the fun, heart felt joy of the book.

I think children will enjoy this spring time, anytime book read in that similar tune. *goes off humming*

No comments: