Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Dresden Files: Storm Front Vol.1 - The Gathering Storm by Jim Butcher



Title: The Dresden Files: Storm Front Vol.1 - The Gathering Storm

Series: The Dresden Files

Author: Jim Butcher

Genre: Graphic Novel ; Fantasy

Publisher: Del Rey/Dabel Brothers                                      

Received: Borrowed from Library

Release Date: Jan 2009

Pages:129

Rating:
 


What is it about? Harry Dresden is  private investigator of special cases, ones that the police can’t figure out. Cases that seem supernatural because Dresden is a wizard, he’s a good guy using his supernatural colleagues to find info on a murder the police can’t solve.
 
My Thoughts: I remember vaguely the beginning and the middle of the graphic novel the only thing I don’t remember is the end, but I know that it ended on a cliff hanger.   I also know the story is nothing like the short-lived t.v. show The Dresden Files. My husband tells me the graphic novel is a version of the first book in the series by Jim Butcher.

I  thought the artwork was good. A little gory at times but I think that was to capture the darkness in Dresden’s World.

As for if I would read Vol. 2 in the graphic novel version, I think would but I don’t know if I would read it before I read the book it originally came from.  I feel the book might be more memorable because you come up with your own images from reading the descriptions.

No comments: