Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Winner of RABW 8/4/09!

Congrats to Winner Meaghan who said...

http://bookgeekblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/stephen-king-harry-potter-confessions.html

That's the post at my blog I including my recommendation in. If you don't want to read through all that, this is it:

"Moving on... Refer a Book Weekend! She's looking for an ebook, but I don't really read those, so I can't really reccomend one. Sorry! Anyway... Hmm... I'd reccomend Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox, which is the most recent book in the Artemis Fowl series, and, in my opinion, the best one! If you haven't read the Artemis Fowl series, I'd start with the first one, though, called just Artemis Fowl."


Artemis Fowl is one of those book I have always been curious about and I like the new covers for the books. Thank for the recommend. I will email you soon.



Thank you to Llehn who said...

Hi Shannon,

There's this really awesome e-book at Amazon called Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. On the surface it sounds like a typical girl meets boy book but once you read it it's so much more than that! It's about a girl who has a crush on a boy while the recepient of that crush is not thrilled and as the years go by, the boy starts to get interested in the girl while her interest in him is dying. It's a book about how innocent acts can be so grossly misinterpreted and how people are not always what they seem.

Here's the review at http://www.amazon.com/Flipped-Wendelin-Van-Draanen/dp/0375825444/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249266608&sr=8-1

I have seen this book in the teen category it sounds like an interesting story maybe for next time.


No comments: