Friday, July 31, 2009

Refer A Book Weekend 7/31/09!

Rules of Refer A Book Weekend: To play all you have to do is recommend a book that you liked and post in the comments. Tell me why you liked the book or link to your review. I will pick a recommendation, then add it to my TBR pile and the person who recommended the book will get to win a book from this Pile of Free Books that I reviewed.I usually post the Refer A Book Weekend post at 12pm EST after I am done work. Each week I will post a new post for you to comment in. The winner will not be picked until Monday so you have the weekend to recommend .


Hint: Let's what haven't asked about... How about recommend me a good ebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://bookgeekblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/stephen-king-harry-potter-confessions.html

That's the post at my blog I including my recommendation in. If you don't want to read through all that, this is it:

"Moving on... Refer a Book Weekend! She's looking for an ebook, but I don't really read those, so I can't really reccomend one. Sorry! Anyway... Hmm... I'd reccomend Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox, which is the most recent book in the Artemis Fowl series, and, in my opinion, the best one! If you haven't read the Artemis Fowl series, I'd start with the first one, though, called just Artemis Fowl."

Llehn said...

Hi Shannon,

There's this really awesome e-book at Amazon called Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen. On the surface it sounds like a typical girl meets boy book but once you read it it's so much more than that! It's about a girl who has a crush on a boy while the recepient of that crush is not thrilled and as the years go by, the boy starts to get interested in the girl while her interest in him is dying. It's a book about how innocent acts can be so grossly misinterpreted and how people are not always what they seem.

Here's the review at http://www.amazon.com/Flipped-Wendelin-Van-Draanen/dp/0375825444/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249266608&sr=8-1