Sunday, June 7, 2009

Creativity Today #1

I am going to start a new ...well not event exactly . Just a little post that tells about me and what I am doing with my writing and creativity. Along with all the book I am reading there is one book that I have been working with to expand my creativity and help me write.
It's called the Creativity Book by Eric Maisel .
(click the image to see about the book)



The book has a year's worth of inspiration and guidance. I bought this book a while ago and everytime I started I would get stuck on the first weeks excerise because it was so hard. The first exercise was to write your autobiography in 2500 words. I would always get stuck around 800 words. This time I decided not to give up though. So what if it has been maybe 3 months since started the autobiography and it was only suppose to take a week. I got to 2500 words! Woo HOo!

I thought about posting the exercise here but it kind of came out like journal entry so it is a little more personal and long. 4 pages! That would be a lot to post and I don't think everyone is that interested in me.

But what I can post is the second exercise which was to list 5 things that are stopping me from writing or being creative.


Five Obstacles

  1. Fear of not finishing
  2. Fear that I am not good enough
  3. Laziness
  4. Fear of writing something too true
5. Lack of will power

Well that is what I did today. Did you do anything creative today? Let me know in the comments.

Tomorrow - Exercise 1 Week 2: Tea anyone?

No comments: