Thursday, June 5, 2008

Twisted ToyFare Theatre 10th Anniversary Collection




If you haven't checked out the magazine ToyFare before then maybe you have heard of Robot Chicken or seen that. Twisted ToyFare Theatre was where the idea of Robot Chicken came to into being. Not until recently Twisted ToyFare was only done in still shot photos. If you are a comic book fan you are sure to like the jokes and twisted humor. Even if you are not a comic book fan and grew up with 80's cartoons you will also love Twisted ToyFare.

In this 10th Anniversary edition there are 25 or more comic book styled storyboard panels that are sure to poke at your funny bone. My top three favorites were:
3. My Big Fat Fat Wedding
where Dr. Ock marries Spiderman's Aunt May. Kinda gross in some parts but sometimes gross is funny.
2. 28 Smurfs Later where Smurfs turn into zombies what's not to like.
1. The Hunt For Red Ork-Tober where Spider-Man and Hawkeye decide to go hunt for He-man sorcerer friend Orko. Orko also kills a Care Bear. Trust me it was evil.

I have to say though I didn't enjoy this as much I use to. True I am behind on most of the Twisted Toyfare. All the ones in this book were new to me. I think I didn't enjoy it because I went to a panel with some of the writers of Twisted ToyFare and they told some of favorite lines that were in the issue. So it didn't make me laugh out loud like it usually does. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it. I have give it 3 stars meaning I liked it but wouldn't recommend to someone unless they asked me if I had read it.

Links to view: Wizard Universe

If you would like to win a free copy of this book come back on Friday for Refer A Book Friday!

No comments: