Thursday, July 1, 2021

Shannon's Review - Lima & Ina : The Bee Sting by Mason Nassah





Title: Lima And Ina: The Bee Sting
Series: Lima and Ina
Author: Mason Nassah
Illustrator/Book Cover Design: Mason Nassah
Genre: Fiction, Children, Early Reader, Series
Publisher: Self Published
Received: Bought
Release Date: December 2017
Pages: 36
Rating:



Author Mason Nassah’s Official Websites:




Website:
None Found

Blog:
None Found

Facebook:
None Found

Twitter:
None Found

Instagram:
None Found



Shannon’s Thoughts:

Ina and her little sister, Lima, are playing in their yard and a bee shows up. Ina is afraid of bees because she knows they sting. Lima gets chased by the bee and Ina gets stung trying to keep Lima safe. While Lima recovers from the bee sting she learns the role bees have in our world.

Little Ina reminds me of myself. I was very scared of bees and getting stung and I never knew the impacts bees have on our world until recently. Bees are pretty amazing little creatures even though their sting can cause many people problems.

I thought this was going to be more of a picture book but it is really an early reader. I enjoyed the art on the cover and had hoped for more on the inside.

Lima and Ina are really cute. I love how Ina was so protective of her little sister. I plan on reading more from the series. I think that kids just starting school and starting how to read will enjoy these books.

No comments: